Skip to content
- And, if you have room, fruit.
- Gardening is a healthy exercise.
- While it may not always work out cheaper financially to grow your own, you will know for certain how the produce has been grown (e.g. spray free or fully organic).
- Save and plant your own seeds where possible (cheaper than buying seedlings).
- Composting is a responsible way of recycling organic waste.
- Swap excess produce with neighbours – even better, plan ahead with your neighbours so you don’t all grow the same crop.
- Gardening books can often be purchased for very little from opportunity shops. The internet is also a good source of growing and harvesting information.